Low Carb Lemon Chicken Recipe
This lemon chicken recipe is one of my favorites because its made in a slow cooker. The lemon flavour isn’t too strong, its very healthy,and it goes well with both cauliflower rice or regular rice. Its perfect for a busy weekend dinner, and so easy to make.
Lemon Chicken Ingredients
[one-half-first]4 chicken chicken breasts
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp oregano
fresh parsley chopped
1/4 cup chicken stock[/one-half-first]
[one-half]juice from one lemon
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
2 tbsp Olive oil, extra-virgin[/one-half]
Zest your fresh lemon, and add lemon zest into a small bowl. I don’t own a lemon zester, I use the small side of my grater to zest my lemon.
Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl. Remove the lemon seeds, and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic, oregano, fresh parsley, chicken stock, 1 tsp lemon zest, and juice from one lemon. Salt and pepper. Saute together for 2 minutes.
Place boneless skinless chicken in slow cooker. Pour the parsley, lemon mixture over the chicken.
Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, or high heat for 3 hours.
Cauliflower Rice Recipe
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 medium cauliflower or purchased grated cauliflower.
Remove the leaves, and wash thoroughly. Cut the cauliflower into quarters. Grate your cauliflower with the medium grater. Be careful not to cut your hands, any little bits you can’t grate just chop fine.
If you like you can add some chopped parsley, a little bit of finely chopped green onion, but I want mine plain to go with the lemon chicken.
Place the oil in a large skillet, and the grated cauliflower. Place a lid over top and cook over medium low about 10 minutes. Stir it a couple of times to prevent scorching.
If you like this recipe Pin it for Later
Slow Cooker Low Carb Lemon Chicken
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 sprig parsley chopped
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- juiice from one lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium cauliflower or purchased grated cauliflower.
- Zest your fresh lemon, add 1 tsp of the lemon zest to a small bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, oregano, parsley, chicken stock. Salt and pepper.
- Add the 1 tsp of lemon zest with the lemon juice.
- Place boneless skinless chicken in slow cooker. Pour the parsley sauce over top.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, or high heat for 3 hours.