Spinach Quiche Recipe with Bacon, and Goat Cheese
This Spinach Quiche Recipe is a perfect breakfast or brunch recipe anytime you want something special. Made with fresh spinach, goats cheese, mild red onion, egg and Canadian bacon.
This quiche recipe is loaded with spinach, some goat cheese and a little Canadian bacon to make it extra special. It rich but the spinach and lean bacon balances the richness. You can also substitute the Canadian bacon for ham.
I used my own pie crust recipe, but if you prefer to purchase crust thats fine too. You can make this recipe as one large quiche, but for today I turned the recipe into four individual sized quiche.
Spinach Quiche Ingredients
1 pie crust homemade or purchased
1 tsp olive oil
5 slices of Canadian back bacon, diced (or lean ham)
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1/4 cup very finely diced red onion
1/2 cup goat cheese (or feta)
1 cup half/half cream
2 large eggs
pepper to taste
Quiche Recipe Directions
Line your quiche dish(s) with whatever pie crust you like.
Chop the Canadian bacon, spinach and onion. In large frying panover medium heat, add tsp of olive oil and cook the diced bacon. Add the chopped fresh spinach and diced onion. Cook until spinach is wilted, about five minutes.
Transfer the spinach mixture to a colander and let the excess water drain from the wilted spinach. Press with a spoon to make sure any excess moisture is gone. Doing this will give your filling a nicer texture.
Filling the Quiche Pan(s)
Preheat your oven to 325F.
Once the spinach is well drained, divide evenly between your pastry lined quiche pans.
Crumble the goat cheese (feta) and place over the spinach mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. My family likes no salt and loads of pepper.
Whisk the eggs and cream together, pour over the spinach filling. Fill the quiche to the crusts edge.
Baking Spinach Bacon Quiche
To make the quiche stay flat in the oven, place on a cookie sheet before placing the cookie sheet in the oven.
Bake the bacon and spinach quiches about 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and center is set. For a full sized bacon spinach quiche bake for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven, set aside for 5 minutes and then serve.
How to Freeze Quiche
To freeze quiche before baking. Assemble, place on a tray, wrap the entire tray with plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Once frozen wrap each one in a double layer of tin foil, or slide into a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze for up to one month. Thaw and bake as usual.
To freeze baked quiche. Let the quiche cool, place in a freezer bag and label. They will keep up to two months. The reheat thaw and bake at 325F until warm.
Special Breakfast Ideas to Try
Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 slices Canadian back bacon or lean ham
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 cup half & half cream
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the Canadian bacon, spinach and onion.
- Line your quiche dish(s) with pie crust, home made or purchased.
- In large frying pan add tsp of olive oil, and cook the bacon. Add the chopped spinach and diced onion. Cook until spinach is wilted, about five minutes. Transfer the mixture to a colander and let drain to remove the excess water from the wilted spinach.
- Once the spinach filling is well drained, fill your pastry lined quiche pans with the spinach filling.
- Crumble goat cheese (or feta) over the spinach mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat eggs and cream, pour over spinach filling, filling the quiche to the crusts edge.
- To make the mini quiche stay flat in the oven, place them on a cookie sheet, and then place the cookie sheet in the oven. A large quiche does not need the cookie sheet. Bake the bacon and spinach quiche about 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and center is set. For a full sized quiche bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set aside for 5 minutes and then serve.