Strawberry Lemon Bars Recipe
Lemon Bars with Strawberries
These lemon bars are very moist with lots of lemon and strawberry flavour. They are such a pretty dessert especially with the shiny glaze.
We have an elderly family member I can only go see in the summer. I always pack him various dessert bars and squares because they travel very well. These lemon bars with strawberries are one of his favorites bar recipes.
Strawberry Lemon Bar Ingredients
Bottom Lemon Layer
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups strawberries, chopped
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons minute tapioca
1 cup icing sugar
Lemon juice to thin to consistency.
1 tsp strawberry jam.
Directions for Making Lemon Bars with Strawberries
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar, until soft and well blended. You can use a mixer if you prefer, but these are so easy to put together I hand mix mine.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Next, remove the zest from one lemon, set aside.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the egg and butter mixture. Mix well.
In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt and lemon zest. Slowly add to the egg mixture.
Mix until blended and spread into a parchment lined square pan.
Wash and cut up strawberries, add sugar and minute tapioca. Stir until strawberries are coated.
Pour over top of batter.
Bake in 350 F oven for 30-40 minutes
Remove from oven, and let cool slightly.
Adding Lemon Glaze
Mix together icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make the glaze thin. Add the strawberry jam for colour. Mix well and then pour over the lemon strawberry squares.
You can serve the bars warm or cold. Let me know if you have any questions, and happy baking.
If you like this recipe, pin to make later.
Freezing Lemon Bars
Lemon bars freeze well. Once the bars and glaze have cooled completely cut into bars. Wrap the bars in parchment paper, place in a large freezer container in a single layer. Seal well with plastic. They will keep up to three months.
To thaw the squares, place in the fridge overnight before eating.
I mentioned these bar being a twist on my blueberry lemon bars. Here is that recipe if your interested. My family loves these blueberry lemon bars with shortbread crust.
Lemon Squares with Shortbread and Blueberries
Lemon Bars with Strawberries
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 fresh lemon
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- cups chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons minute tapioca
- 1 cup icing sugar
- lemon juice enough to get thin consistency
- 1 tsp strawberry jam Used for colour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar,
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the egg and butter mixture. Mix well.
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt and lemon zest.
- Mix until blended and spread into the parchment lined square pan.
- Wash and cut up strawberries into a small bowl.
- Add sugar and minute tapioca, mix together until strawberries are coated.
- Pour over existing batter.
- Bake at 350F fir 30-40 minutes.
- Remove lemon squares from oven, and let cool slightly.
- Mix together icing sugar and enough lemon juice to make a thin lemon glaze. Add the strawberry jam for colour. Mix well.
- Pour the glaze over the lemon squares while still warm.
These strawberry lemon bars look delicious. Thanks for the recipe, I can’t wait to try them!
Hubs say’s they rated up there with cheesecake. That’s pretty high praise lol. They are very moist and cake like, I hope you love them.
Yummo!! Another recipe of yours I’m hanging to try!!! At this rate, you are my menu planner lol!! Can’t wait to try this!
Sam – Raggedy Bits recently posted…Waste Not Wednesday-198
These look delicious! What a refreshing summer treat for your family member!
One of my favorite flavor combinations!